To make our digital touch points work properly and offer you a better user experience, we sometimes place small data files, also known as cookies, in your device.
What are cookies and the different types
A cookie is a small text file that is stored in your browser or mobile device when you visit and use our websites or mobile apps. They are processed in your browser or within the context of one of our mobile apps. In and of themselves, cookies serve critical functions for our websites and other services and are generally harmless to allow to be stored in a browser. It is easy to view which cookies are stored in a browser and delete them.
There are different types of cookies and they can be classified in different ways, according to the duration of their lifetime in your browser and their purpose.
- Session cookies – These are cookies that are only temporarily stored in your browser or device and are removed as
soon as the session ends.
- Persistent cookies – These are cookies that remain stored in your browser or device until manually removed or are removed by your browser according to a set expiration date.
- Necessary cookies – These are cookies that help a website become usable. Certain parts or a set of features of a website cannot function properly without these cookies.
- Preference cookies – These are cookies that remain stored in your browser or device with the purpose of persisting certain pieces of information that allow the websites or mobile apps to remember your preferences, such as your preferred language etc.
- Statistics cookies – The purpose of these cookies is to collect information on how you use our websites or mobile apps, such as which pages you have visited or which links you have already followed. The information stored is not personally identifiable and it cannot be connected directly to any given visitor or user, it is used for the purpose of creating statistics that allow us to improve the user experience and our services overall.
- Marketing cookies – These cookies are the ones that aim to help better target our Marketing efforts, they are used to make sure that we take only the most relevant marketing activities and allow us to make sure you see only valuable advertising or to limit how many times you see any given advertisement.